Sharon-Ann Brown, is currently the Chair of SACHM.
Since her position as Secretary of SACHM, Sharon-Ann has organized and coordinated many SACHM Community Events such as:
- 2014 Celebration of Excellence Event
- 2015 SACHM 10th Anniversary Banquet
- 2017 Measha Bruggergosman’s Songs of Freedom Concert
- 2017 Canada 150 ‘Cultural Village’ Event
- 2017 ‘Pizza, Pasta Night’ Fundraising Event
- 2018 ‘Best of Enemies’ Gala Night
- 2018 Canada Day ‘Cultural Village’ Event
Sharon-Ann is also a talented singer in her own right. She’s been singing and studying classical music since she was nine years old and is still active in her studies today.
Sharon-Ann recently was the Opening Concert Performer at the 2017 Measha Bruggergosman’s Songs of Freedom Concert in Regina. Sharon-Ann’s concert opening repertoire began with ‘Mon coeur s’ouvre a ta voix’, Samson et Dalila, by Camille Saint-Saens, followed by ‘Silent Noon’ by Ralph Vaughan Williams closing out the performance with ‘Ombra Mai Fu’ by Georg Friedrich Handel.
Sharon-Ann also sings and performs in German and Spanish. Sharon-Ann’s foundation of Voice study at the University of Regina’s Conservatory for the Performing Arts began with Wilma Bell-Wessel.
Sharon-Ann enjoys her role on the SACHM Board and is excited about what the future holds for the organization.