Arts & Entertainment
Life in Saskatchewan
Sharon-Ann has held the post as Chair of SACHM since 2017 and prior to that time has held other executive positions on the Board of SACHM. Sharon-Ann also sings and performs in German and Spanish.
Arts & Entertainment, Business
Sharon-Ann Brown, is currently the Chair of SACHM.
Sharon-Ann has held the post as Chair of SACHM since 2017 and prior to that time has held other executive positions on the Board of SACHM.
During Sharon-Ann’s tenure with SACHM, she’s been instrumental in the successful planning, organizing and execution of the following events:
- 2015 SACHM 10th Anniversary Banquet
- 2017 Measha Bruggergosman’s Songs of Freedom Concert
- 2017 Canada 150 ‘Cultural Village’ Event
- 2017 ‘Pizza, Pasta Night’ Fundraising Event
- 2018 ‘Best of Enemies’ Gala Night
- 2018 Canada Day ‘Cultural Village’ Event
- 2020 African Canadian/Black History Month 15th Anniversary & Gala Ball
- 2021 Leading the ‘Black History Month’ Launch in collaboration with the MacKenzie Art Gallery of Regina
Sharon-Ann is also a talented singer in her own rights. She’s been singing and studying classical music since she was nine years old and is still active in her studies today.
Sharon-Ann was the Opening Concert Performer at the February 2017 Measha Bruggergosman’s Songs of Freedom Concert for ‘Black History Month’ in Regina at the Conexus Art Centre. Sharon-Ann’s Opening Repertoire is as follows:
- ‘Mon coeur s’ouvre a ta voix’, in French Samson et Dalila, by Camille Saint-Saens, followed by
- ‘Silent Noon’ in English by Ralph Vaughan Williams, closing out the performance with
- ‘Ombra Mai Fu’ in Italian by Georg Friedrich Handel.
Sharon-Ann also sings and performs in German and Spanish.
Sharon-Ann’s foundation of Voice studies began with Wilma Bell-Wessel of Regina and continues today under the tutelage of Valerie Hall of the University of Regina Conservatory of Performing Arts.
During the fall of 2017, Sharon-Ann spent a few weeks under the tutelage of Karen Nimereala of New York, New York, USA, where she received high level Intensive Voice Training. Karen Nimereala’s accolades and details as a renowned Voice Coach is found at: https://www.karennimereala.com/
Sharon-Ann enjoys her role on the SACHM Board and is excited about what the future holds for the organization.