SACHM is a charitable organization dedicated to serving the public good. It began as an informal organization in 2002 but soon developed its own constitution to guide its work. In 2004 it formalized its status as a non-profit corporation pursuant to the provincial Non-Profits Corporation Act, 1995. As a provincial organization SACHM has members and linkages throughout the province. SACHM also is committed to working in collaboration and partnership with others to strengthen the preservation and celebration of history, identification of those who have influenced its course, as well as strengthening multiculturalism, human rights and social justice.
The Saskatchewan African Canadian Heritage Museum Inc. is a provincial organization whose primary purpose is to celebrate, explore, research, document and preserve the history, heritage and contributions of people of African ancestry. It is dedicated to helping people of African ancestry preserve and gain access to information about their history, appreciate their heritage and recognize the contributions that African descent individuals have made in Saskatchewan. SACHM also endeavours to raise public awareness of the role people of African ancestry played in settling and developing the province as well as their ongoing contributions as responsible community members and active citizens.
- To research, find and highlight the contributions and achievements of people of African descent in Saskatchewan. Publicize, educate the public, celebrate and preserve these contributions and achievements. Please join us in this worthy celebration.
- Equal partners in the heritage and development of Saskatchewan.
- Inclusion and celebration of diversity
- Equality of human dignity and opportunity
- Perseverance and contributions
- Growth through the grace of God
View site map
Contact us for info